Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Part C

Mahabharata  by various authors

Arjuna and Shiva

- One day, as he performed his morning worship, offering flowers to a little clay image of the Great God, a boar rushed at him, seeking to slay him. 

*I don't know why this image of Arjuna worshipping a little clay God is so interesting to me. It makes me wonder, what if it came alive?*

Taking up a garland of flowers, he threw it about the image, but the next instant it was on the neck of the mountain king.

*Ah, so it kind of did happen that way! I wanted the little clay man to come to life though!*

Arjuna and Indra

- And Urvashi, a fair apsara of faultless form, with bright eyes and silken hair, looked with love upon Arjuna, but she sought in vain to subdue him, whereat she spoke scornfully, saying, "Kama, god of love, hath wounded me with his arrows, yet thou dost scorn me. For this, O Arjuna, thou wilt for a season live unregarded among women as a dancer and musician."

*I've considered writing a story with Kama, the god of love, in it before, maybe now is the time for me to give it a shot! Maybe I could write a story where Kama finds love of his own??*


Kama, God of Love (Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Bibliography: Mahabharata by various authors. Website: Indian Epics: Images and PDE Epics.


Comments

Popular Posts