Feedback Thoughts

Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it

Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work

    I chose these two articles because one of the things that I struggle with the most about feedback is feelings of rejection and self-doubt. For this reason, I liked that these articles made those emotions a focal point of receiving negative feedback. I also liked that they both placed emphasis on not letting these emotions become part of your ingrained sense of self. It's a good reminder that just because you make one mistake or don't receive the praise you were craving, it doesn't change who you are or what you have accomplished in the past. Basically, I was thankful for the reminder from these articles that it is possible to separate yourself from the feedback you receive so that it doesn't take a negative toll on your mental health. Negative feedback does not equal failure, it equals growth, which I will always consider an important message. 

                                                                                    Personal Growth (Source: ph

Comments

Popular Posts