Week Four Lab

 Advice to Writers

Here is some of the best advice I found:

- "Almost all of the good stuff happens in revision" - Jessica Gross

- "Now when I have an idea I don't write it down. I wait, and if it's still there in a few days, if my brain has cared enough to remember and chew on it, I know it's a story for me, and usually I finish it" - Maxim Loskutoff

- "And, of course, you have to read ... Nor should we expect that someone who isn't inclined to read--widely, deeply, passionately, methodically, endlessly--will become a good writer." - Miles Harvey

- "Writing is a discipline, just like any other." - Bonnie Tsui

- "Remember that in the end, it’s your work, and you get to decide how to make it." - Katherine Hill

- "Waiting on inspiration or waiting for perfection are two things that can kill the desire to write." - James Wade

- "Be a perfectionist. Work hard in choosing your words, crafting your sentences, and organizing your text with a view to making the finished product as clear, precise, and as engaging as possible." - Emrys Westacott


The Life of a Writer (Source: Pixabay)

Comments

Popular Posts