Topic Research: Writing Horror with Inspiration from the Ramayana

Death and Horror in the Ramayana

 Ramayana: The Golden Deer

    I chose this episode from the Ramayana as inspiration for my project because the idea of a demon being able to shape shift is terrifying. I also like the plot of the shape-shifting demon tempting the unsuspecting human into danger. I really enjoy the suspense of it all.

Ramayana: Shurpanahka and Ravana

    The ending of this episode from the Ramayana was filled with useful material for the perfect villain. The entire interaction between Ravana and Shurpanahka in this scene provided me with the perfect inspiration for the atmosphere I would like to create within my project of death and horror.

Ramayana: Dasharatha's Karma

    This episode may seem kind of obscure for the type of project that I'm hoping to create. I personally believe, however, that most good horror stories include an element of tragedy that breaks your heart so not only are you terrified, but also grieving. Therefore, the sadness of Dasharatha's killing the hermit's only son and, not only that, but being cursed because of it works perfectly as inspiration for my project. 

tree, forest, branch, snow, winter, black and white, plant, sky, leaf, dark, weather, gray, contrast, darkness, monochrome, season, twig, trees, branches, freezing, monochrome photography, atmospheric phenomenon, woody plant

That Unshakable Feeling of an Unknown Presence When Completely Alone  (Source: px)

Comments

Popular Posts