Feedback Strategies

 Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback that Fosters a Growth Mindset

How to Provide Great Feedback When You're Not In Charge

    I found both of these articles to be very helpful. In "Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset," I found the advice that you should never make it about "I like" or "I think" but instead make it always about the writer and the strategies they used changed my perspective for the better. I had never considered before that by saying "I like," you are turning the praise into a form of approval from yourself for the writer rather than giving constructive feedback that will actually help the writer improve. Basically, it was a useful reminder that pointing out anything that's missing or referring to yourself detracts from the advice that you give. In "How to Provide Great Feedback When You're Not In Charge," it was useful how they made the central focus about being specific. It's so easy to slide into general feedback when you're not thinking about it so it's good to have those reminders. 

Positivity Grows Minds (Source: Feedback padlet)


Comments

Popular Posts